How to apply for Canada Student Visa
Canadian universities are highly preferred by over 200,000 international students yearly. They offer a high-quality teaching system with over 26 universities in the world’s best universities ranking.
However, it is important you get this study permit before moving to Canada. The reason is; if you decide to continue your studies in another program, you will have to leave Canada then apply for it. I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t want that stress.
Canada has a very welcoming attribute to international students with flexible study patterns and free offers like loans, grants, or free health care.
Canada would always be preferred by the majority of international students as the first choice.
Thinking of how best to acquire your student visa for Canada is the very first thought that comes to mind. You can also wonder how difficult it can be. After this article, you will be ready to get started and acquire your visa in no time.
Here are the steps you will need to take to enable you to acquire your Canada student visa very easily.
• Choose your preferred university, apply to get your acceptance letter.
Choosing your University is the very first step you need to take to determine how fast you get your student visa. You can apply for a student visa after you have decided on which university you would want to attend, send in your application, and collect an acceptance letter.
Make sure to provide everything needed including your school transcript, proof of financial status, and many other things. After being accepted you would receive an acceptance letter that is required for the student visa application.
• Canada student visa application
After getting your acceptance letter from your preferred university, the next step will be to proceed to the application of your Canada student visa. A student visa is also known locally as a student permit (an authorization or permission to study in Canada.)
Steps To Obtain Your Student Visa
Apply online: this is done under citizenship and immigration Canada(CIC)websites
Apply on paper: if your Internet is not so strong in your area, applying on paper is your best bet.
• Provide an acceptance letter from a designated university recognized by the Canadian government.
• Provide proof of sufficient financial status to support your studies. They need to be convinced that you can take care of your finance while in Canada for your studies. (Both tuition and living expenses.)
• You have no criminal record
• Health record: you will need to show complete medical examination to prove you are in good health and not terminally ill.
According to recent visa regulation If you have family members working or applying for work permits in Canada the application for your study permits will be processed in two weeks.
Your visa can be renewed if your program has an extension or you changed your study institution. The same is applicable for continuation in studies.
The students permit expires 90 days after your studies are finished you can still stay in Canada to travel, explore, or apply for a work permit which allows you to take full time or part-time jobs. you can also be self-employed.
Prepare all required documents for the student visa in Canada
Some of the documents you will require for your Canada student visa application include;
• Properly filled student permit application form.
• Original letter of acceptance from the university
• Passport/travel document which allows you to return to your country after your studies is completed. (If you are from the united state, this is not important )
• Two recent passport-sized photographs with your name and date of birth written at the back.
• Proof of financial record.
• Letter of intent and proof that you paid the student permit fee(usually around 150USD)
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS FOR CANADA STUDENT VISA.
Except you are from an English speaking country, Canadian universities will require you to submit proof of English proficiency. Some accepted language tests are
• CAMBRIDGE ENGLISH (advanced )
The language test is not one of the necessities for the application but its a requirement for some universities in Canada which is highly dependent on your country of origin.
BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT AND INTERVIEW
Depending on your home country requirement, you might have to show up at the visa application center to have your biometrics taken.
After submitting your Canadian student visa, the processing time may take up to about 90 days and you will be likely called for an interview, this depends on your country.
Do you have any questions regarding your Canada student visa application? Drop a comment and we will definitely answer them.